CMI Cohort 1 Discussion Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Word count

3 posters

Go down

Word count Empty Word count

Post  Janet Downes Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:15 am

I'm trying to do a word count but can't remember what counts and what doesn't. I've ignored the headings that I've used, just counted the stuff in the actual paragraphs so far.

I've put my PDP and Business Plan in the text of the document in tables but don't know whether to include the words from these in the word count or not. Same goes for other tables/graphics which have text.

Helpppp!!!

Yours very confusedly !!

Janet scratch
Janet Downes
Janet Downes

Back to top Go down

Word count Empty Re: Word count

Post  John Gutteridge Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:52 am

Hi Janet,

I put my PDP in an annex at the end so that didn't count. The rest of it I just lumped together and counted, apart from things like the contents, heading and reference pages. I don't think you need to worry about the exact number of words, as long as you're in the ballpark of 2500 - 3000.

Happy birthday to James.

John Gutteridge

Back to top Go down

Word count Empty Thank you

Post  Admin Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:20 am

Thank you John - didn't know if anyone would notice (and secretly hoped no-one would - I've got to the age where I've started trying to ignore birthdays!!!)

I know she is not here now and will be sunning it up in Egypt, but happy birthday to Helen for Saturday.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://cmidwpstudents.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Word count Empty Re: Word count

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum